Recovering Robert Kubica to take part in two rally events

Former Renault driver continues road back to full-time competition

Last Updated: 05/11/12 11:32am

  • Share:
Robert Kubica: Two rally outing for Polish driver

Robert Kubica: Two rally outing for Polish driver

Sky Bet

Robert Kubica is to take part in two rally events in France and Italy later this month.

The 27-year-old Pole, whose Formula One career was put on hold after a near-fatal rally accident, will drive a Citroen C4 WRC in the Rally di Como from 15-17 November and the Rallye du Var in France the following weekend.

Former BMW-Sauber and Renault driver Kubica has not driven an F1 car since his accident in February of last year left him with severe arm and leg injuries.

However the 27-year-old won two minor rallies in Italy in September and has competed in the Rally du Var twice previously.

"I can't wait to drive a car that is quick and has been as successful as the C4 WRC," he said. "Rallying is one of my favourite forms of motorsport."

Kubica said in September he was still hoping to return to Formula One and would not give up even if he might never be at the same physical level as before.

  • Share:

Related

Most Popular

Features

Hungary conclusions

Hungary conclusions

How Hamilton's intransigence did Merc a favour and Alonso again went above and beyond.

All boxes ticked

All boxes ticked

Martin Brundle reflects on a Hungarian GP that had absolutely everything, including a surprise winner.

Paper review

Paper review

Hamilton's decision to ignore team-orders in Hungary dominated the back pages on Monday.