League Two Round-Up

Wycombe triumphant at Adams Park

Easter: Always threatening

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Surprisingly just the one goal separated Wycombe and Brentford at Adams Park in a lively and competitive affair on Sunday afternoon which eventually saw the home side prevail 1-0 victors.

There were countless attempts on goal all throughout the game, with the first coming for the visitors 15 minutes in. Forward Ricky Shakes making a run down the left and drilling in a shot which was impressively saved by keeper Jamie Young.

Jermaine Easter, who was called up to the Wales squad before Sunday's match, then created a chance at the other end, firing a shot from the right which almost crept around Ben Hamer who managed to scramble the ball to safety.

Proving a constant threat to the Brentford defence, Easter had another great chance to put Wycombe in front just minutes later. Picking the ball up right in front of goal, Easter turned and shot but an excellent save from Hamer saw the ball hit the underside of the crossbar and cleared.

Karleigh Osbourne almost benefited from a Brentford free-kick late in the second half. Leaping high to find the end of a cross in by Glen Poole across the six-yard box he saw his header hit the crossbar.

Attempts continued throughout the game, Wycombe with a good chance to take the lead through Scott McGleish who saw his shot drift just over the crossbar after an hour of play.

Then drama as Brentford were forced to play the final 15 minutes with just 10 men after Sammy Moore, who was cautioned in the first half and spoken to by referee Andy Hall in the second half, was sent off after a clash with Sergio Torres.

It was in the final 10 minutes of the game that Wycombe finally took control. The home side were awarded a penalty as Grant Basey brought down Martin Bullock in the area. Easter stepped up to the penalty spot coolly and slotted the ball straight down the middle into the back of the net.

Wycombe looked as though they might build on that lead when Easter again threatened with a ball in from the right to Torres, but an excellent clearance from Kevin O'Connor kept the scoreline 1-0 to Wycombe.

Meanwhile at London Road Peterborough were entertaining Mansfield in another feisty affair. No shortage of goals this time though as The Posh notched a 2-1 win.

Josh Low opened up the scoring in the first half as his shot on target sailed past keeper Carl Muggleton to put the home side in front after half an hour of play.

John McAliskey then pulled it level early in the second half with a fine header past Posh keeper Mark Tyler.

Substitute Danny Crow gave the home side the lead again after just four minutes on the pitch. Crow's header sealed the three points for The Posh who move up to fourth in the table.