FL Team of the Week

There were less candidates to choose from this week with Sky Bet League 1 and 2 restricted by the FA Cup, but the Championship provided a fine serving of stand-out performances for our Team of the Week.

Football League Team of the Week

Robert Green - Queens Park Rangers

QPR 0-0 Blackburn

It was a 12th clean sheet of the term for the former England No.1 as Harry Redknapp's side dropped points at Loftus Road for only the second time this season in their 0-0 draw with Blackburn. There may have been a lack of productivity up front for the Hoops but that was certainly not the case for Green. The 33-year-old was under rigorous scrutiny as Jordan Rhodes and Chris Taylor threatened to penetrate the fortress but stood up to every test with another consistent showing.

Greg Halford - Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest maintained their position in the Championship top six with a 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. Full-back Halford was lively as ever, with his pace down the wing terrorising the Owls defence despite receiving a hostile reception following his spell on loan with city rivals Sheffield United. The 29-year-old rubbed salt into the wounds of the home fans by turning provider for the lone goal of the game, sending a cross over into the six-yard box which was met by the on-rushing Simon Cox.

Matthew Upson - Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton 3-1 Leicester

The former England defender has provided stability at the heart of Brighton's back line and was on hand again on Saturday as the Seagulls triumphed 3-1 against Leicester. After taking an early lead through Ashley Barnes, Brighton were under attack but Upson was equal to the threat posed, making a crucial block to deny winger Jamie Vardy. Second-half set pieces looked like they could pave a way back into the game for Leicester but with former West Ham centre-back Upson standing tall, Brighton closed the door and sealed three more points.

Troy Brown - Cheltenham

Morecombe 0-1 Cheltenham

In League Two's only game of the weekend it was Troy Brown who was the hero as Cheltenham completed the double over Morecombe. Brown scored from close range after the home side failed to deal with Matt Richards' dangerous right-wing free-kick. Neither side appeared to take control of the game in the first half but there was a flurry of action after the break with the visitors finding the net 10 minutes from time to take the points.

Aaron Cresswell - Ipswich Town

Ipswich 2-1 Huddersfield

Ipswich capped a perfect week on Saturday when Daryl Murphy headed home a dramatic last-minute equaliser to beat Huddersfield 2-1 at Portman Road. It was a high-octane start to the mid-table affair and Cresswell was in action early when his delicious eighth-minute cross was almost headed home by Christophe Berra. After each side scored 15 minutes either side of the break the second half endured a dismal half hour and looked to be heading for a stalemate. That was, until Cresswell floated a testing ball into the Huddersfield box which Anthony Gerrard headed across his own box before Murphy put the seal on a Tractor Boys' victory.

Cameron Stewart - Charlton Athletic

Yeovil 2-2 Charlton

A fiercely contested drop-zone scrap between Yeovil and Charlton ended with honours even as the sides drew 2-2 at Huish Park. Stewart, who spent two months on loan with Yeovil in 2010, returned to haunt Gary Johnson's men as he seized on some lax defending to give the visitors the lead just before half-time. After enjoying a dazzling start to the game, Stewart capitalised on some slack defending moments later, picking the ball up midway in the Glovers' half and skipping past two defenders before rifling a low shot into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Christian Battocchio - Watford

Leeds 3-3 Watford

Watford fought until the bitter end to rescue a point at Elland Road, drawing 3-3 with Leeds United in a game they appeared to have thrown away. Troy Deeney fired the visitors in front early before Jonathan Bond met Alex Mowatt's free-kick and, as Leeds pondered, Hector Bellerin raced away on a thrilling counter-attack which was finished by Argentinian midfielder Battocchio for a fine second. Leeds wrestled their way back with three goals in half-an-hour before Deeney netted an 86th-minute equaliser to share the spoils.

Danny Ings - Burnley

Burnley 1-0 Barnsley

It was an impressive return from injury for the Burnley attacker as the Clarets climbed back to the Championship summit with a 1-0 victory over Barnsley at Turf Moor. Ings was at the heart of the Clarets' attack and combined well with former Tykes full-back Kieran Trippier as they seized control of the game. England Under-21 international Ings almost broke the deadlock just after half-time when his acrobatic header narrowly missed the crossbar. Despite being forced to spend time on the sidelines, Ings returned seemingly unaffected and back to his natural best.

Andre Moritz - Bolton Wanderers

Bolton 3-0 Doncaster

The Brazilian attacking midfielder enjoyed a vibrant afternoon as Bolton registered a comfortable 3-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers. Moritz was in on the action early, swinging a cross into the path of Darren Pratley, who was unable to steer on target. Moments later the 27-year-old fed an inch-perfect ball through to Joe Mason as he gave Wanderers the lead, courtesy of a deflection off the unfortunate Bongani Khumalo. Moritz doubled Bolton's lead five minutes before the break when his rifled shot ricocheted off the woodwork and beyond Ross Turnbull. He then went on to complete a fine afternoon with another assist as Neil Danns turned home his corner for the third.

Callum McGregor - Notts County

Notts County 3-1 Gillingham

The on-loan Celtic midfielder bagged a brace as Shaun Derry oversaw the first victory of his tenure at Meadow Lane, with a 3-1 win over Gillingham. McGregor's first came on the stroke of half-time as he twisted and turned his way through the Gills' defence before firing beyond Stuart Nelson. Gillingham levelled shortly after the restart and appeared to have seized control of the tie, before Gary Liddle's low cross met the feet of McGregor, who took time to turn before leaving the woodwork shivering as his shot hit the roof of the net.

Chris Martin - Derby County

Derby 5-1 Blackpool

After making his switch from Norwich City permanent ahead of the new season, Martin further endeared himself to the Derby faithful by scoring his first ever Football League hat-trick on Saturday as the Rams raced to a 5-1 victory over Blackpool. The visitors took a third-minute lead at the renamed iPro Stadium but Martin levelled shortly after the break, converting from the spot after being taken down by Danny Robinson. Six minutes later Martin was on hand to collect the rebound from Simon Dawkins' shot before completing his treble with a second penalty.