Juventus have lodged an appeal with the civil courts to overturn their relegation from Serie A.
The Turin giants are set to start the current season in Serie B and with a 17-point deduction after being found guilty of match-fixing by a sporting tribunal last month, having also been stripped of their last two scudetto crowns.
The Old Lady have already appealed twice against the ruling and have failed to get it overturned after exhausting all sporting avenues.
That has left Juve to now pursue their case through the civil courts, even though the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) warned on Wednesday the club would face further punishment if they did so.
FIGC regulations state that clubs must abide by rulings made by sporting bodies and as part of their statutes, they forego the right to take civil action.
"We accept the risk (of sanctions)," said a Juventus spokesman, "The priority is the defence of the rights of the shareholders."
Juve, however, seem determined to have their punishment overturned and look set to risk further sanctions by doing so.
Meanwhile, Juve boss Didier Deschamps gave his backing to striker Alessandro Del Piero after the club's victory in the Coppa Italia.
The Bianconeri defeated Cesena 2-1 in the second round to reach next stage of the competition, with Del Piero finding the scoresheet in Wednesday's cup tie.
The former Monaco boss believes Del Piero can have an integral role in Juve's season.
"Del Piero's goal has been important, for him and for us," Deschamps said.
"I'm sure Alex will have a great season. It has been good the fact the whole team embraced him.
"We are a really close group and this is really important."
Del Piero was pleased his goal set up a third-round clash with Napoli on August 27.
"It's a really good thing scoring immediately," the World Cup winner said. "But the most important thing is that the goal has been useful to overcome the round.
"Let's hope we continue in this way."