Stuart Holden in no rush over new Bolton contract after injury nightmare
Last Updated: January 28, 2013 6:04pm
Stuart Holden: Recently returned from a lengthy injury lay-off
Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden says it is too soon to consider extending his contract after returning from a lengthy injury lay-off.
The USA international made his first appearance in 22 months as a substitute in the 2-0 FA Cup win at Sunderland earlier this month following serious knee problems.
Holden is out of contract at the end of the season but feels it is too early to be thinking about a new deal.
The 27-year-old is instead focused on reclaiming a place in Dougie Freedman's first-team after his injury nightmare.
Holden, who also came off the bench late into Bolton's 2-1 cup defeat by Everton on Saturday, told The Sun: "Those discussions will take place when the time is right and everybody is comfortable with it.
"I just want to be playing every week and I've got a job to get back into the team."