Burnley have stressed that they will not be selling leading scorer Charlie Austin in January
Last Updated: December 18, 2012 9:16am
Charlie Austin: Staying put at Burnley
Burnley's hierarchy have insisted that leading goalscorer Charlie Austin will not be sold in the January transfer window.
The former Swindon Town star has bagged 22 goals so far this term, and that has seen him linked with a move to the Premier League.
But speaking at the club's Annual General Meeting - co-chairman Mike Garlick and chief executive Lee Hoos insisted that letting Austin leave is not part of their plans.
Garlick said: "We have no plans to sell Charlie at the minute. We see him as an integral part of our squad for this season.
"If you remember last season he was injured quite a bit and the season we bought him he was injured as well, but we want him playing for us this season and you are going to see that happen."
Hoos added: "We had the same situation last year with Jay Rodriguez and we said 'no, we will not sell him in January'.
"We have no plans to sell Charlie either! We do not want to sell Charlie and we would not encourage offers on Charlie.
"We just want to keep Charlie and let him enjoy his football as he is doing right now and keep scoring goals and let's see where it takes us at the end of the season."
Don't miss any live and exclusive football coverage this festive season. Click here to visit Sky Sports' Festive Calendar