Huh Jung-moo has confirmed he will not be staying on as South Korea coach beyond the end of the World Cup.
The 55-year-old, who took the reigns in December 2007, saw his side to the knockout stages of this summer's tournament for the first time outside their own country.
He has stated his intention of leaving his current role after the competition concludes but has given no indication of his future.
He said: "I have decided not to seek a second term. This is not a resignation as my contract finishes at the end of June. I want time to recharge myself and spend some time with my family.
"I have made my decision and told this to the KFA. I want to rest for a while.
"There are many good coaches in our football community. I think they should be given a chance."
Korea Football Association chairman Cho Chung-yun said earlier this week they hope to have a new coach appointed "no later than July 10".