Rafa Benitez's agent has again insisted that there has been no contact from Chelsea regarding the possibility of the former Liverpool manager replacing Andre Villas-Boas.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich parted company with another manager on Sunday after dispensing with Villas-Boas less than a season into the Portuguese's tenure.
Villas-Boas' position at Stamford Bridge had been under scrutiny for several weeks following a run of disappointing results and claims of dressing room unrest.
Speculation last month claimed that the Blues had sounded out Benitez about taking charge even before Villas-Boas had been relieved of his duties.
Benitez was installed as the early favourite to become Chelsea's next manager and there were reports he had been offered the job until the end of the season.
However, the Spaniard's representative Manuel Garcia Quilon says there has been no offer from the Premier League club as Benitez waits to return to management.
Garcia Quilon told Spanish news agency EFE: "He is open to discuss any important options at the moment. So far there is no offer from Chelsea.
"We've heard the rumours but they are not true - we have had no contact."
Benitez enjoyed six years as Liverpool manager, during which time he won the UEFA Champions League in 2005 and led the Reds to a repeat final appearance two years later.
He also secured the FA Cup in 2006 and left Anfield in 2010 before pitching up for a brief stint at Inter Milan, where he replaced another former Chelsea manager in Jose Mourinho.
Who should be the next Chelsea manager?
Roberto Di Matteo