Hugo Lloris insists he is 'feeling good' and claims he would have been able to play in Tottenham Hotspur's game against Newcastle United last weekend.
The France international was knocked unconscious against Everton earlier this month and the decision to allow Lloris to subsequently play on at Goodison Park drew widespread criticism.
Lloris sat out the Europa League win over Sheriff before being left out of last Sunday's 1-0 Premier League defeat by Newcastle on medical advice.
However, Lloris has been training with the France squad this week ahead of Friday's World Cup play-off first leg against Ukraine and he is ready to play for the national team.
"I feel good," Lloris told a press conference.
"I was unconscious for a few seconds, but I was ready to play last weekend. The medical staff preferred me not to."
The keeper was injured after a collision with Romelu Lukaku and Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas suggested the on-loan Everton striker could have done more to avoid the incident.
However, speaking after Belgium's friendly defeat by Colombia on Thursday, the forward insists it was an accident.
"I didn't mean to hit him on purpose, I am not a player with a bad record," Lukaku told Sky Sports News.
Meanwhile, Lloris is expecting a difficult test against Ukraine, who were runners-up to England in the group phase, when the two sides meet in Kiev for the first leg, with the return in France next Tuesday.
France beat Ukraine 2-0 at Euro 2012 before subsequently finishing second to holders Spain in their World Cup qualifying group.
"This Ukraine side is stronger than the one we beat at the 2012 Euros," added Lloris.
"It will be a battle physically. We need to win it. It's important for the whole country to qualify."