Samir Nasri says he has 'stepped into line' after starting for France in Friday's 6-0 friendly thrashing of Australia.
The Manchester City midfielder had not started a game for France since Euro 2012 after being given a ban following a reported row with a journalist.
His appearance against Australia was a first at home for France since being brought back into the squad by coach Didier Deschamps.
"An ideal comeback for me?" said Nasri. "I have stepped into line, I worked hard, accepted all the decisions to bring what I could bring.
"I know what it is to not be in the French team anymore. During my absence, I could think about it a lot.
"I have always been a candidate for the starting XI. I had a lot of things to be forgiven for and to show, but I am playing at a great club."
France boss Deschamps was also satisfied with Nasri's display against Australia, commenting: "Before the match, I was convinced Samir Nasri was a very good footballer.
"He showed it in a position where Mathieu Valbuena has played so far. But it is not one against the other."