Harry Redknapp insists he has 'not even thought' about the England job and is fully focused on Tottenham amid heavy speculation linking him with the vacant post.
Redknapp is the clear frontrunner to succeed Fabio Capello in the role following the Italian's resignation on Wednesday evening, with players and pundits alike backing him for the job.
Capello stepped down just hours after the Spurs boss was cleared of all charges following a two-week tax evasion trial.
Speculation has surfaced Redknapp could take over England on a part-time basis to allow him to see out the campaign with Tottenham before taking full charge in the summer ahead of the European Championship in Poland and Ukraine.
But Redknapp is keeping quiet on the prospect of him assuming the role, insisting he is concentrating solely on his current club, who are flying high in the Premier League and host Newcastle at White Hart Lane this weekend.
"I don't know anything about the England job. I've not even thought about it," he told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.
"I've got a job to do, I've got a big game on Saturday with Tottenham. Tottenham is my focus.
"They've been fantastic to me, the Tottenham people. The fans last week at the Wigan game, it was incredible the reception they gave me.
"It wouldn't be right to them to focus on anything else but Tottenham. My only interest is Tottenham Hotspur.
"They (the Football Association) will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be the right decision for the country."
Capello, who had previously said he would quit in the summer after the Euros, stepped down after making it clear he was unhappy with the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy without his consent.
Redknapp admits his resignation came as a surprise, adding: "I was shocked. I was surprised. I didn't expect that to happen. We knew he was going to leave in the summer but I didn't expect it to happen now."
The Spurs boss is keen to move on after being cleared of the charges against him on Wednesday - a case he is adamant should never have gone to trial.
"It was a case that never should have been brought to court in the first place to be honest with you," he said.
"Mr Levy gave me the job three years ago and he looked at it before he appointed me. He realised it was a case that had no substance to it otherwise he wouldn't have given me the job at Tottenham.
"It's past us now and we look forward and look to the future."
Who would you like to see succeed Fabio Capello as England manager?