Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney has given his support to England's 2018 World Cup bid.
A six-man Fifa team arrived in the country at the start of the week to take a closer look at the FA's bid to host the international showpiece.
The delegation visited Wembley earlier in the week before taking in trips to the North East and Manchester on Wednesday.
The likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Nail Quinn have voiced their backing for the World Cup to be held in England and Rooney has also spoken of his approval for the tournament to return to English shores.
"I think the stadiums and the facilities are definitely good enough for it to be hosting 2018," said the United and Three Lions front man, who hopes to play a starring role in the tournament in eight years' time.
"For me personally, I hope to still be playing then - it would be a big bonus for me (to play at an England-hosted World Cup). It will probably be my last World Cup."
Rooney also spoke about the prospect of club team-mate Paul Scholes coming out of international retirement at the age of 35.
"He's one of the best players in the Premier League. He's a fantastic player and he would be one of our best players," he told Sky Sports News.
"But it's down to him and it's down to Capello to pick him."
The final decision on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be made in Zurich on 2nd December.