Willem II advance, NAC flounder

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

A hat-trick from Martijn Reuser saw Willem II move a step nearer securing their Eredivisie status with a 6-2 win over FC Zwolle in Tilburg on Monday.

Already leading 4-2 from the first leg of the promotion-relegation play-offs Willem II put the second division side to the sword despite the visitors taking a shock lead.

Santi Kolk struck in the 27th minute to reduce the aggregate deficit to just one goal.

But when former Ipswich star Reuser, who will turn out for RKC Waalwijk next season, levelled eight minutes later it was one-way traffic.

Zsombor Kerekes struck on 37 minutes before teeing up Reuser to make the score 3-1 on the stroke of half time.

Dion Asajas reduced the arrears on 59 minutes but former Chelsea winger Joe Keenan restored his side's two goal advantage a quarter of an hour from time.

Reuser with his third goal in the 79th minute and Anouar Hadouir (86) embellished the victory.

Willem II will now face De Graafschap for the right to Eredivisie status next season.

De Graafschap recorded a 4-2 win at ten-man VVV-Venlo to secure a passage to the play-off final with a 5-3 aggregate success.

After a delicately poised first leg, De Graafschap assumed control through a hat-trick from Jeffrey de Visscher.

De Visscher struck twice inside the opening 15 minutes before the hosts were reduced to ten-men through Niels Fleuren's 35th minute dismissal.

De Visscher claimed his hat-trick goal six minutes after the interval.

Paul Jans (64) and Karim Soltani (74) made the score 3-2 but Luke Te Boekhorst confirmed a 4-2 win for the visitors.

In the other ties Helmond Sport and TOP Oss are in the driving seat to advance but they will now play a third match against FC Volendam and managerless NAC Breda respectively after their ties finished level on aggregate.

Eredivisie side NAC suffered a late capitulation to TOP Oss, which them draw 2-2 on aggregate at the Rat Verlegh Stadion.

After a goalless first half an opening goal from Anouar Diba on 55 minutes was quickly added to by Ronnie Stam three minutes later.

NAC, managed on a caretaker basis by assistant John Karelse after the suspension of Cees Lok, appeared on course to retain their Eredivisie status but substitute Mischa Rook's strike on 74 minutes saw the nerves set in for the home side.

Marcel van der Scloot's 83rd minute goal then confirmed their worst fears leaving TOP to celebrate the possibility of elevation to the top division, with a third game now to decide both clubs' fates.

Helmond Sport's tie with Voldenham finished 3-3 on aggregate.

Already trailing 1-0 from the first leg Peter Wijker's 22nd minute goal gave the hosts a 2-0 advantage and appeared to leave the Helmond Sport's hopes in tatters.

Sandro Calabro (30) pulled his side back into contention, however, and Karim Bridji (48) completed the turnaround on the night.

Robert Braber put Helmond Sport in pole position to advance with a 74th minute strike before Wijker's second a minute from time ensured a tense final but the visitors held out.