De Jong ready to move on
FC Twente striker looking to play in a bigger league
Last Updated: July 2, 2012 8:41am
Luuk de Jong: FC Twente striker is ready to move to a bigger league and is wanted by Newcastle
Luuk de Jong's agent says the striker has decided to leave FC Twente this summer and insists money will not be a factor behind his next move.
The Netherlands international scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie last season and he is a target for Newcastle United and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Newcastle have already failed with one bid of €10million (£8million) and they are reported to have upped that to €12million (£10milion).
Twente are understood to want in excess of €15million (£12.1m) for De Jong, with the Magpies having sent a delegation to Holland at the end of last week to hold talks.
Alan Pardew's side may now have been given further encouragement regarding their interest in De Jong after his agent Louis Laros confirmed the forward is ready to move on.
"Luuk has taken the decision to move on," Laros told TC Tubantia. "He wants to develop as a player in a bigger league.
"The important thing for us is the development of Luuk. Not the money, but the way of playing and the amount of playing time he will get will be decisive.
"Luuk scored 25 goals in the Dutch league last season, how many more does he need to score? 35?"
He added in Voetbal International: "Luuk is still a Twente player. If the right club comes along then he will happily make the move.
"The club doesn't need to be a top club, but a good club in a big league where Luuk can play regularly and develop as a player."