PSV Eindhoven may field a weakened line-up in their Europa League qualifier against Cherno More to prevent their star players being cup-tied.
Chairman Frits Schuitema admits PSV may have to cash in on their prize assets before the transfer window shuts and playing them in Thursday's first leg in Eindhoven would cut their value and deter potential buyers.
Coach Fred Rutten has even accepted that it would be in the best interests of the club to leave out the likes of Danko Lazovic, Edison Mendez and Carlos Salcido.
"There is no real need to sell players, but it would be welcome if some would go," Schuitema told newspaper Eindhovens Dagblad.
"The coach needs to think with the club, and that is always the case. Fred is prepared to do that."
PSV are hoping to revive their fortunes after finishing fourth in the Dutch Eredivisie last season and missing out on Champions League football for the first time in over a decade.
The Dutch giants have been forced into the third qualifying round of the Europa League and are expected to dispose of their Bulgarian opponents even without their key men.
Rutten said: "As coach, of course you strive to put the best players in the line-up. As a club person, you look at other interests."
Liga de Quito already look poised to take midfielder Mendez back to Ecuador.
He made a permanent move from Liga de Quito in 2007 after a successful loan spell with PSV and has previously said he wants to return home for personal reasons.
"They made us an offer and this week we will talk further," Rutten told De Telegraaf.
The 30-year-old has made 97 appearances in his three seasons with PSV, scoring 14 goals, and PSV want to cash in before his contract expires next summer.
"Because he will be a free agent after the next season and because of the fact Edison has always been a true professional with us, we are prepared to co-operate," added director Jan Reker.