Lukasz Piszczek insists he is ready for action following his surprise call-up to the Poland squad.
The 23-year-old was on holiday when he got the invite to join up with his international team-mates in Austria and Switzerland, and admits that his inclusion came as something of a shock.
The forward had been left out of Leo Beenhakker's initial 23-man squad for Euro 2008 but has been given his chance following a hamstring injury sustained by Jakub Blaszczykowski.
Despite preparing himself for a relaxing summer away from the football pitch, Piszczek believes that he is capable of doing job for the coach should he be called upon over the coming weeks.
"I sure wasn't counting on anyone calling," said the Hertha Berlin ace star.
"But I'm an athlete, so even when I'm not playing football, I'm playing volleyball or tennis, so I'm ready."
Piszczek passed a medical on Friday, backing up his claims that he is ready for action, and is hoping that he will not be restricted to a place on the bench for the entirety of the tournament.
"The first match (against Germany on Sunday) will be very hard, but if I make it on the field for even a minute of this tournament I'll be very happy," he said.