Boenisch to look at options
Newcastle reported to be chasing Polish defender
By Thomas Zocher. Last Updated: June 27, 2012 10:12am
Sebastian Boenisch: Out of contract at Werden Bremen this summer
The agent of Werder Bremen defender Sebastian Boenisch says the Poland international will consider his options after Stuttgart ended their interest.
Promoted Fortuna Dusseldorf are the latest Bundesliga club being linked with the full-back, who is available on a free transfer, after Stuttgart pulled out of a potential deal because they were disappointed by his performance at Euro 2012.
Reports in the German media have also suggested Newcastle are keen on bringing the former Schalke defender to the Premier League.
Boenisch's agent, Dieter Burdenski, claims the 25-year-old is still attracting interest but refused to name his suitors.
He told Kreiszeitung Syke newspaper: "It is a fact (that VfB Stuttgart have cancelled their offer to sign the player).
"There are other clubs that are keen. We are now going to investigate these options.
"I am not going to comment on any club names."
Versatile Boenisch, who features primarily as a left-back but can also play on the right, has previously turned down the offer of a contract extension at Bremen.
Asked whether he could go back on his decision, Burdenski added: "I am not going to comment on that."