Jarolim hoping for new deal

Skipper hopes to stay while Streit insists loan deal was legitimate

Jarolim: Looking for new deal

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Hamburg captain David Jarolim has declared that he would like to end his career with the club but they haven't yet offered him a new contract.

The 29-year-old's current deal is set to run out in 18 months but the Bundesliga club have not approached the midfielder with a new offer.

The former Bayern Munich man is believed to be keen on extending his stay until June 2012 with an increase in wages to boot.

Despite claiming of interest at home and abroad Jarolim is happy to remain with Martin Jol's title challengers.

"I keep hoping on talks, but thus far nothing has happened," he told Bild.

"I have not been given any info by the club. I know that there are clubs from inside and outside the Bundesliga watching me although HSV remains my top priority."

Jarolim warns that for any deal to go through he needs to be paid alongside the other leading players at the club.

"I know I earn a lot of money, but I think that I earn less with regard to other players at the club," he added.

"I am not really interested in leaving Hamburg. I can imagine staying here until the end of my career."

Legitimate

Meanwhile, loan signing Albert Streit has insisted that his move to the club was legitimate despite claims from Hannover 96 that he had agreed to join them.

Hamburg tied up the temporary deal with the 28-year-old's parent club Schalke but Hannover are of the opinion that they had a verbal agreement with the Romanian.

"My conscience is clean. The option to move to Hamburg appeared to me very late on Sunday last week when I was on my way home from Hannover," he told Kicker.

"But to be true to Hannover, Hamburg is a big chance for me due to the standings in the Bundesliga.

"If I have to choose between Hamburg and Hannover, it is not a difficult decision to make. I would have kicked myself one day if I didn't make the switch.

"If I had an agreement with Hannover, I would have signed a deal then. But we were still way off a deal. I have not fooled anybody."

The club have also agreed to let Nigerian striker Macauley Chrisantus go on trial with Norwegian side Stabaek with a view to a loan move.

The 18-year-old was signed in January 2008 after picking up the top scorer award at the Under-17 Fifa World Cup in 2007 but the youngster is yet to make a first-team appearance.