Parma - No Giovinco offers
Ghirardi expects forward to stay or return to Juventus
Last Updated: May 25, 2012 10:19am
Sebastian Giovinco: Italy international is expected to stay at Parma or return to Juventus
Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi does not expect Sebastian Giovinco to move anywhere other than Juventus after he was linked with Manchester City.
Giovinco's agent claimed last week that Premier League champions City are keen on the forward, who scored 15 goals in Serie A this season and has been named in Italy's Euro 2012 provisional squad.
Barcelona and Inter Milan have also been mooted as admirers, but Ghirardi insists there are no offers on the table for Giovinco.
The attacker is part-owned by Juventus and Ghirardi believes Giovinco will either stay at Parma or head back to the Serie A title winners.
"A lot of sides have asked us about Giovinco, but there are no real offers on the table," Ghirardi told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"We first need to speak with Juventus. That will happen soon so that we can sort out his co-ownership status.
"There will be plenty of time for other scenarios. But I think that he will either stay here with us or rejoin Juventus. Those are the two most likely outcomes.
"But then if a club wants to offer a lot of money then anything can happen, but these are difficult financial times.
"I've spoken to Sebastian and he told me that he wants to stay here or go to Juventus.
"We don't have the need to generate money and a lot will depend on what Juventus want to do.
"He is good enough to get into the first team at a side like Juve, but we have to understand if the Bianconeri are convinced of his ability."