AC Milan have made it clear that injured midfielder David Beckham is welcome to return to the club next year.
England international Beckham has been ruled out of the World Cup after rupturing an Achilles during Milan's clash with Chievo on Sunday night.
His loan spell with the Rossoneri, which had been due to expire at the end of the season, is also effectively over and questions have already been raised about Beckham's future in the game.
The 34-year-old, due to undergo surgery in Finland, has targeted a swift recovery and Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani hopes to work with him again.
Milan have already signed Beckham on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy twice and Galliani insists the door is open for a third stint in 2011.
He told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: "David will probably be out for five to six months. I saw him suffering.
"I gave him a hug in the changing rooms and I told him that if he wants, next year he will be with us."
Beckham had linked up with the Serie A giants to boost his chances of making the England squad for the World Cup but Galliani believes he has the mental strength to cope with such a disappointing blow.
"He came to Milan to be called up by Capello," said Galliani.
"Unfortunately, this is football but Beckham has great willpower."
Galliani also sang the praises of Beckham's surgeon Sakari Orava, saying: "He is a genius in his field."