Uefa's disciplinary commission have handed out bans to Internazionale duo Fabio Grosso and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Grosso and Ibrahimovic both saw red during Inter's 2-0 home defeat to Bayern Munich last month.
They will now miss the visit of Spartak Moscow on October 18, while Grosso will have to sit out the reverse fixture two weeks later as well.
Roberto Mancini's assistant Sinisa Mihajlovic was also handed a ban after being sent to the stands in the clash with Bayern.
Mancini will be ruing the loss of two of his key first-teamers, with the Nerazzurri currently sweating over the fitness of a number of players.
Among those carrying knocks is Argentinian midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, with scans showing a recurrence of a previous calf injury.
Cambiasso has been told to rest the injury before undergoing further scans and Inter officials remain hopeful the 26-year-old will be fit for the weekend clash with Catania.
Meanwhile, fellow midfielder Olivier Dacourt has been delighted with the start to his Inter career.
The Frenchman moved to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza over the summer and has been a regular in Mancini's starting line-up.
"I'm happy, it means I have done good things, even if I have only played five times and would prefer a definite evaluation," Dacourt told Sky Italia.
"Anyone is indispensable, but I'm pleased. You must always be ready as a regular to show your worth."
Dacourt was equally as pleased with Inter's start to the new league campaign, which sees them sit third in Serie A.
"The start hasn't been easy, facing and beating sides like Fiorentina and Roma away," he said.
However, he has called for an improvement on their displays in the UEFA Champions League.
Dacourt added: "In the Champions League things haven't gone quite as well.
"But we should consider how the two matches have gone, we had allowed three shots on goal and three goals.
"I am still confident, while there is life, there is hope."