River Plate have placed a €15million (£12.7m) asking price on central defender Eder Alvarez Balanta after he was linked with a move to Barcelona.
The Argentine club's vice president Omar Solassi told Catalan radio that while the Blaugrana have not made an approach they understand what his club want.
"Balanta is worth €15 million," the River director told Esports COPE.
"He is a great player with a great future.
Solassi thinks that Balanta, 20, would fit in at Camp Nou because he could offer coach Tata Martino something different from what he already has.
"We would listen to offers for him, but Barca have made not official offer to us for him," he continued.
"I think that Balanta would be liked by Tata Martino It would not seem odd to me if Barca are interested in him.
"He is a player that will come good whichever team he plays for.
"Balanta is not like Mascherano nor like Pique. He is a different sort of player with more presence. He is a strong defender, is good on the ball and knows how to play going forward."
River Plate currently own 80 per cent of Balanta's right while the player's family own the other 20 per cent.