Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino has insisted Cesc Fabregas will be staying in Spain - and has denied any knowledge of a bid for Chelsea's David Luiz.
Three days ago the Catalan club's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said he thought David Moyes' side's pursuit of the midfielder was over, after they had two bids turned down.
Martino has previously admitted it is also up to Fabregas to decide on his future, but he has now played down the chances of a move and made it clear that he will stay.
Fabregas started in Barcelona's 7-1 win over Thailand on Wednesday and after the game Martino stressed that he was not worried about the player, concerning himself more with the fitness of club captain Carles Puyol, who is still recovering from a knee operation.
"Cesc Fabregas is staying with us. He will be staying with us for the rest of the year," Martino said.
"Right now I'm more worried about whether Puyol will recover."
The declining physical state of the 35-year-old Catalan defender has made buying a centre-back one of Barcelona's priorities this summer, and it is understood that a bid has been made for Luiz.
However, Martino refused to shed any light on a possible move for the Brazilian.
"No, I do not know anything about it. I'm here (in Thailand) - but I don't know anything about David Luiz."