Hernanes happy to stay
Starlet content at Sao Paolo
By Patricio Figueroa. Last Updated: September 7, 2008 3:05pm
Hernanes: Linked with big move
Brazilian starlet Hernanes insists he is not aware of the interest in him from Europe.
A host of European giants are taking a keen interest in the highly-rated midfielder - who has recently been called into Brazil's squad for the World Cup qualifiers.
The 23-year-old is considered one of the best players still plying his trade in his homeland, and the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea and CSKA Moscow are all known to be keen.
But Hernanes is calm about his own situation.
"I think that everything is as usual and I am going to continue at Sao Paulo," he told reporters following the close of the transfer window earlier this week.
"If I leave next year or in 2015 I don't worry. I am only worried about returning in the best way to Sao Paulo and helping my team to win games.
"My head isn't worried with a possible transfer because I am not aware of any official proposal."
Hernanes, who shone at the Olympic Games last month, insists he has not heard from the likes of Barca or CSKA.
"What is being said about Barcelona and CSKA is new for me. I have returned to Brazil a few days ago and nobody has spoken to me about that. I am at Sao Paulo and I have to think in helping my team," he continued.
"Before going to the Olympic Games I was being criticised because I wasn't playing well and it was said that I had my mind in another place but that was not the case.
"I have to work hard to be in shape and for playing again like it is expected of me."