Monaco have denounced reports linking club captain Gael Givet with a move to Juventus and say they are yet to hear anything from the Italians.
The 24-year-old French international has been linked with a return to play under former boss Didier Deschamps, now the coach at the Stadio Delle Alpi.
But ASM general manager Marc Keller has confirmed the club's desire to keep the player ahead of any contact from the newly-relegated Serie B side.
"We heard the Juventus rumour in the newspapers. But we had no contact, neither with Juve officials nor Givet or his representatives. We haven't talked about his future yet," Keller told L'Equipe.
"There is nothing so far. We will see if the Italians will call us or if Givet comes to see us to tell us he wants to leave. We will welcome Gael back to training on Thursday, and then we will know more about his desire.
"But to us things are very clear: we absolutely want to keep Givet in our squad. He is our captain and he is one of the players we want to rely on to rebuild a competitive team."
Coach Lazlo Boloni is still looking for a defensive midfielder to strengthen the team, but Portuguese midfielder Maniche looks to be out of his reach with Dinamo Moscow seeking é¼10 million (£6.8 million) for his signature.
The Principality outfit are still awaiting a reply from Olympiakos over a bid made for Yaya Toure though and it is hoped the Ivory Coast prospect could become a star at the Stade Louis II.
Striker Mohamed Kallon looks set to leave the club though after failing to return to pre-season training.
He played at Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Ittihad on loan last season and was expected to return to Monaco, but officials are now set to take drastic action against the player.
"We were waiting for him to come back on June 22, and we still have no news from him," Keller added.
"We only had contact through his agent, who told us weeks ago that he will be back soon.
"Since that we saw nothing new. So we will ask the league to suspend Kallon's contract, and we will deduct his wages."