Giuly rejects Barca exit
By Mark Kendall. Last Updated: January 1, 1970 1:00am
Ludovic Giuly has revealed he snubbed offers from former club Monaco and Galatasaray to stay with Barcelona.
The French winger, 29, admits he considered his future after falling out of Frank Rijkaard's first team towards the back end of last year.
He regained his starting place for last weekend's win over Alaves and insists he is now fully focused on helping Barca to glory this term.
However, Giuly conceded it took a frank chat with Rijkaard before he turned down the chance to quit Camp Nou during the transfer window.
"Monaco and another big French team were interested in me, as were Galatasaray," he told L'Equipe.
"That brought about a conversation with Frank Rijkaard. He was categorical and said he did not want me leaving and for that reason I stayed.
"In June, just like every year, I will look back on the season and have a think about my career - right now my priority is to work."