Uefa Cup round-up I-Z

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Derry City's brave Uefa Cup run came to a conclusion after a 2-0 defeat away to Paris Saint Germain.

The Irish side had held the French giants 0-0 at home in the first leg a fortnight ago, but were unable to repeat the result at Parc des Princes.

Edouard Cisse scored after just six minutes for PSG and Portuguese hot shot Pauleta added the second goal four minutes before half time.

Mlada Boleslav stunned Marseille in the first round of the Uefa Cup to knock the French giants out 4-3 on aggregate.

Marseille had led 1-0 from the first leg and appeared poised for a comfortable evening when taking the lead through Toifilou Maoulida on 14 minutes.

Though Lubos Pecka equalised for the Czechs on 35 minutes, Marseille were back in front on 56 minutes through Nigerian full back Taye Taiwo.

The hosts levelled again on 62 minutes through Radim Holub's penalty and he netted again on 83 minutes.

With Marseille hanging on to progress on away goals, Tomas Sedlacek poached a dramatic winner before Mlada also had Jaromir Smerda sent off in injury time.

Former Manchester United youngster Mads Timm struck the decisive goal as Odense knocked out Hertha Berlin.

Following a 2-2 draw in Germany in the first leg, Timm pounced for the only goal of the game on 62 minutes as Odense claimed a 3-2 aggregate success.

Hertha's Bundesliga rivals Schalke also slipped out of the competition after a 3-1 defeat at Nancy saw them lose 3-2 on aggregate.

Nancy took the lead on 18 minutes through Andre Luiz and it was soon 2-0 through Gaston Curbelo. Issiar Dia notched a third goal on 70 minutes.

Marcelo Bordon gave Schalke hope of a comeback with a 78th minute effort and, though Nancy had Benjamin Gavanon dismissed late on, the visitors could not find a crucial second away goal.

Lens joined Nancy in progressing to the group stage after a 3-1 home win over Ethnikos, with Aruna Dindane opening the scoring on 10 minutes.

Issam Jomaa and Daniel Cousin scored in the space of 60 seconds in the second half, while Ethnikos claimed a consolation via Milan Belic.

Italian duo Parma and Livorno comfortably advanced with Daniel Paponi's goal for the former seeing off Rubin Kazan 1-0, and 2-0 on aggregate.

An Ibrahima Bakayoko goal secured Livorno a 1-0 win at FC Superfund, with the Serie A side going through 3-0 on aggregate.

Holders Sevilla eased into the group phase after a 4-0 home win over Atromitos wrapped up a 6-1 aggregate scoreline.

The visitors shot themselves in the foot as Christiano Rocha and Demetris Ioannou both put through their own net inside the first 10 minutes.

Luis Fabiano added a third goal on 29 minutes and Blanco Kepa completed the rout a minute from time.

Osasuna sneaked into the group phase after a 0-0 draw at home to Trabzonspor took the Spanish side through on away goals after a 2-2 stalemate in the first leg.

AZ Alkmaar drew 1-1 with Kayserispor to tie up a 4-3 aggregate win. Kayserispor went ahead through Gokhan Unal, but an own goal from Tayfun Cora saw the Dutch outfit through.

Zulte-Waregem produced a stirring comeback to squeeze past Lokomotiv Moscow 3-2 on aggregate. The Russians led 2-1 from the first leg, but second half goals from Tim Matthys and Tony Sergeant earned the hosts a 2-0 win on the night.

Maccabi Haifa's 3-1 win away to Liteks Lovech took the Israeli side through 4-2 on aggregate, with Dirceu scoring the opening goal.

Alain Masudi netted a second before Alexandro Sandrinho pulled one back. Roberto Colautti added a third prior to Liteks' Petar Zanev being sent off.

A 75th minute goal from Mile Sterjovski earned a 1-0 win for Basel away to Rabotnicki Kometal, with the Swiss side moving on 7-2 on aggregate.

Panathinaikos edged into the next round after Dimitrios Papadopoulos' goal sunk Metalurg Zaporizhzhya 1-0, and 2-1 on aggregate.

Goals from Deivid, Tuncay Sanli and Mateja Kezman in the space of nine minutes in the second half presented Fenerbahce with a 3-0 win over Randers.

Rapid Bucharest required extra time to advance after coming from behind to beat Nacional 2-1 away from home.

The Romanians won the first leg 1-0 and a goal from Juliano Spadacio for Nacional levelled the tie. A minute into extra time, Emanoil Badoi put Rapid ahead and Nacional then had Basto Bruno sent off. Lucian Burdujan made the game safe on 100 minutes.

Wisla Krakow claimed a dramatic 2-1 aggregate victory over Iraklis after looking on the verge of going out.

Iraklis won the first leg away 1-0 and were on course for the group phase until Nikola Mijailovic scored in the last minute. In extra time, Wisla scored the decisive goal through Mauro Roberto Cantoro on 100 minutes.

Uefa Cup first round, second leg (aggregate score in brackets):
Odense BK 1-0 Hertha Berlin (3-2)
Mlada Boleslav 4-2 Marseille (4-3)
Lens 3-1 Ethnikos Achnas (3-1)
Nancy 3-1 Schalke (3-2)
FC Superfund 0-1 Livorno (0-3)
Parma 1-0 Rubin Kazan (2-0)
Kayserispor 1-1 AZ Alkmaar (3-4)
Zulte Waregem 2-0 Lokomotiv Moscow (3-2)
Rabotnicki Kometal 0-1 Basel (2-7)
Litex Lovech 1-3 Maccabi Haifa (2-4)
Metalurg Zaporizhzhya 0-1 Panathinaikos (1-2)
Iraklis 0-2 (AET) Wisla Krakow (1-2)
Randers FC 0-3 Fenerbahce (1-5)
Osasuna 0-0 Trabzonspor (2-2 - Osasuna win on away goals)
Nacional Madeira 1-2 (AET) Rapid Bucharest (1-3)
Paris Saint Germain 2-0 Derry City (2-0)
Sevilla 4-0 Atromitos (6-1)