David Beckham won't be joining Paris Saint-Germain, says Carlo Ancelotti

David Beckham: Will not be joining PSG

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Paris Saint-Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out making a move for David Beckham during the January transfer window.

The 37-year-old former England captain is a free agent after ending a five-year stint with Los Angeles Galaxy and is keen for one last challenge before retirement.

He had been in talks with AS Monaco, but reports in France claimed the Ligue 2 side withdrew their interest due to his wage demands.

Although finance would not be an issue for Qatari-owned PSG, Ancelotti dismissed speculation that he would make an offer.

"I know that he is leaving the Los Angeles Galaxy, but we are not interested," he said.

Beckham still has a number of options open to him, with clubs in England, Australia and China rumoured to be interested.

The former Real Madrid and Manchester United midfielder's management company released a statement on Thursday that said: "There are a number of serious proposals on the table, from a host of clubs across the world. It's early days in the process."

Ancelotti, meanwhile, has hailed new signing Lucas Moura as "the future of the club".

The 20-year-old Brazil midfielder joined from Sao Paulo in what the PSG boss said will be his only arrival of the January transfer window.

He added: "He [Lucas] has so much talent and will fit in well with the other players as he can play in several different positions.

"My coaching team think that the team is very good and very competitive."