Dundee United boss Craig Levein has confirmed he is running the rule over Shelbourne striker Jason Byrne.
The 27-year-old recently made his international bow with Republic of Ireland and is now thought to a prominent name on Levein's January wish list.
Levein is, though, somewhat reticent to go overboard about his plans to bring in the man who has been the leading goalscorer in Ireland's top flight for the past four seasons.
"I have been over to Ireland to see him but he was just one of a few players in the game we had heard about," Levein told the Daily Record.
"He did okay but we've done nothing about it because there are other options to look at."
Byrne has previously been linked to both Swedish side Djurgardens and Brighton but it remains to be seen if any interested parties are willing to stump up the £300,000 fee reportedly sought by Shelbourne.
Meanwhile, Levein has promised to offer Cowdenbeath trialist Morgaro Gomis a decision on Friday, with regards whether he will retain the 21-year-old Frenchman's services on a permanent basis.
"He has been here for a few weeks now and Cowdenbeath have said we can have him here for as long as we like," he added.
"The full-time training is doing him and his club some good so by Friday I will have seen enough to make my mind up."
Gomis has recently been joined at Tannadice by another trialist, a Ghanaian midfielder, whose identity is currently being kept under wraps.