Clyde have joined the ranks of the Scottish Football League clubs who oppose the plan to put the Rangers newco in the First Division.
The Third Division side are questioning the new reconstruction proposals, which include a merger of the two league bodies and a one-off £1m payment from the SPL to buy the First Division television rights as well as accommodating Charles Green's newco in the second tier.
Clyde think it would help Rangers' image to start from the bottom again and try to fight their way back to the top of the Scottish game.
A statement read: "The Clyde board believe that any proposals for change should not be rushed, as these have been.
"They also have to be done by consensus and not through threat or inducement, again, as these have been.
"The papers include a proposal to allow a newco to enter the First Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.
"Rebuilding from the bottom can restore the dignity stripped from the club by its former owners.
"If things are as bad as indicated then Scottish football is in a far worse state than is being acknowledged."
The 12 SPL clubs will vote on Rangers' future on Wednesday and they are not expected to secure enough votes to remain in the top flight.
Whether they would then be placed in the First Division or Third Division remains to be seen, and a large number of Rangers fans have yet to renew their season tickets due to the uncertainty.
The supporters have now been told they will not be able to buy season tickets via direct debit.
Some fans who cancelled their season tickets this week reported that new direct debit instructions had been created in their accounts.
The Sevco group that bought the assets and business of Rangers said in response that direct debit instructions had automatically been set up for all those who paid the original company that way but no payment would be taken from those who had cancelled.
However, the new company have now stated they had shelved all plans to take season-ticket money that way.
In a statement on Rangers' official website, finance director Brian Stockbridge said: "All direct debits would have been paid to the new company from July 6 and all season ticket funds are to be used solely for the benefit of the club and its supporters.
"However, it is clear from feedback from supporters that there remains some concern about the transfer of direct debit instructions from the old company to the new company.
"The uncertainty resulted in some misleading media coverage which only added to the confusion and caused issues for service providers.
"For the sake of clarity and to give reassurance to fans, the club will not take any direct debit payments for the forthcoming season.
"We are working with our bank, Metro Bank, to ensure those who wanted to pay by instalment are still able to do so."