McCourt targets Celtic role
Midfielder says there have been no offers to leave Parkhead
Last Updated: July 27, 2012 9:25pm
Paddy McCourt: Celtic midfielder hopes to contribute this season and says there have been no offers
Paddy McCourt says he has received no offers to leave Celtic this summer and is focusing on playing more regularly for the SPL champions this season.
The Northern Ireland international failed to start a match in the SPL last term and was restricted to just 13 substitute appearances during Celtic's march to the title.
He was a target for Blackpool during the January transfer window and has again been linked with an exit from Parkhead during the summer.
However, the 28-year-old said: "It's early yet. The manager or (chief executive) Peter (Lawwell) haven't come to me and said there are any offers or anything. Until that happens there is no decision to make."
McCourt has been playing in a deep midfield position during pre-season and is determined to make the most of his opportunity to impress manager Neil Lennon.
He added: "I'm hoping to play as much as possible. I don't think I played that big a role last year through one thing or another.
"I'm hoping to contribute a bit more this year.
"I know it's a cliche to say 'as long as I'm in the team' but I genuinely mean that. If the manager sees me playing there then I've no problem playing there.
"I haven't played that role that much but I started to play it towards the end of last season and the start of this. The more I play it, the more I'm getting used to it."