Five-Star Bhoys book Killie tie

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

HOLDERS Celtic eased into the fourth round of the Tennents Scottish Cup with a comfortable 5-0 win over Second Division Alloa in their re-arranged third round tie at Brockville on Tuesday night.

The original game was postponed last weekend because of the cold weather and the Bhoys wasted little time in taking control opening the scoring after 19 minutes through French defender Bobo Balde.

Martin O'Neill's men doubled the lead three minutes before the break through Danish midfielder Morten Weighorst.

It was Weighorst's first goal in over two years after recovering from a life-threatening illness in only his second appearance of the season.

Young Scottish striker Shaun Maloney got in on the acr with the teenager adding the third in the 56th minute and Dutch winger Bobby Petta hit the fourth after 75 minutes.

Summer signing Momo Sylla grabbed his first goal for the club after 83 minutes to complete the scoring and secure a meeting with Kilmarnock in the next round.

Livingston and Albion Rovers will have to do it all again after their game at The Cliftonhill Stadium was postponed 15 minutes from the end because of floodlight failure with the game still goalless.

Aberdeen await the winners of the Livingston tie after beating St Johnstone 2-0 at McDiarmid Park.

Former Manchester United winger Ben Thornley fired Aberdeen in front after 58 minutes and Darren Young hit the second in the closing moments to secure the win for Ebbe Skovdahl's men.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle booked a meeting with Hearts in the fourth round with a superb 2-0 win over Arbroath at Gayfield Park.

Barry Ross fired the visitors in front four minutes before the break and Paul Ritchie doubled the lead six minutes into the second half to secure the trip to Tynecastle.

Hamilton secured a trip to Dundee United in the next round with a narrow 1-0 win over Raith Rovers at Firhill.

Brian McPhee netted the winner after 76 minutes for the Division Two outfit as they shocked their First Division opponents.

First Division Clyde moved into the next round with a hard-fought 1-0 win over fellow Division One rivals St Mirren at The Broadwood Stadium.

Leigh Hinds netted the only goal of the game after 78 minutes.

Division One leaders Patrick Thistle overcame an early scare to book their place in the fourth round with a 4-2 victory over Third Division East Fife at The Bayview Stadium.

Paul McManus fired the home side in front after 21 minutes, but the lead only lasted two minutes as Paul Walker equalized for the visitors.

Scott McLean put Patrick in front in the 40th minute and they took firm control with a third goal on the stroke of half-time courtesy of Martin Hardie's strike.

Walker netted his second and his side's fourth after 79 minutes to wrap up the win and book a meeting with the winners of the Dundee/Falkirk tie in the next round.
Albion p-p Livingston
Alloa 0-5 Celtic
Arbroath 0-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Clyde 1-0 St Mirren
East Fife 2-4 Partick Thistle
Hamilton 1-0 Raith
St Johnstone 0-2 Aberdeen