Celtic striker Scott McDonald has aplogised to David van Zanten following his dangerous tackle on the Hibernian defender.
McDonald's horror challenge on the former Celtic youngster during Saturday's 4-2 win over Hibs at Parkhead sparked outrage among van Zanten's team-mates.
Australian ace McDonald escaped a red card for the offence and the former Motherwell man was relieved that van Zanten did not sustain a serious injury.
"Sometimes strikers have to hold up their hands and admit they are not the best tacklers in the world - and this is one of these occasions," McDonald told the Daily Record.
"It was a badly-timed tackle on my part and it wasn't helped by the conditions but I want to make clear there was no malice on my part.
"I would never attempt to hurt a fellow professional and anyone who knows me knows that to be true.
"As soon as we made contact I knew it was a bad one and you could tell by my reaction.
"I was just delighted to see him get back up on his feet and back on to the park. The first thing I did was apologise to him.
"I don't think he was in much of a mood to accept my apology at the time and I can't say I blame him. I would have probably been the same.
"But I was sorry and I'm happy there was no damage."
Hibs striker Colin Nish was furious that McDonald escaped a red card and feels he would have been sent off if he had committed the offence.
"If it was me I'd have got sent off, definitely," said Nish.
"Scott McDonald thought he was getting sent off too, you could see his reaction.
"It's not that I want the boy sent off - it's not that I don't like him - but if it was me I'd have been sent off.
"That's what I said to Paul Hartley. I told him I didn't want him sent off but it would have been different if it had been me.
"It's not like him, to be fair, but David's got a massive cut on his leg. He got a fright and we've seen it on the telly and he went for the ball. I'm not sure if he meant it or not."