League One Round-Up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Huddersfield moved joint second with Brentford in League One as leaders Southend drew with Bournemouth.

Huddersfield began the day two points shy of Martin Allen's Bees but a 1-0 win over Barnsley was enough to draw them back into contention for an automatic promotion place.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher was the hero as he scored on 55 minutes, and Daniel Nardiello completed an unproductive day for Barnsley as he was dismissed five minutes from time for violent conduct.

Brentford meanwhile drew 1-1 with Colchester at Layer Road, with Phil Parkinson's men also able to go joint second if they win their game in hand.

Jay Tabb opened the scoring after just six minutes for the visitors, but Colchester ensured a share of the spoils with a goal from striker Chris Iwelumo just after the half hour mark.

Leaders Southend, six points clear at the top of the league, also drew 1-1 in their trip to struggling Bournemouth.

Top scorer Freddy Eastwood found the net again on 20 minutes, but a James Hayter goal eight minutes from time earned The Cherries a point.

Rotherham's hopes of avoiding relegation from League One suffered a body blow as a frantic opening period resulted in a 3-1 win for Doncaster at Belle Vue.

Alan Knill's troubled side remain moored in the bottom four after the defeat and their day started disastrously when Neil Roberts scored after just six minutes for Rovers.

Former Sunderland midfielder Sean Thornton also found his name on the scoresheet just four minutes later as The Millers continued to struggle.

Although Jonathan Forte, who played for Rovers on loan earlier in the season, pulled one back after quarter of an hour, Doncaster restored their two goal lead through Lewis Guy (21).

Joint League One Managers of the Month Frank Barlow and Ian McParland continued their fine work at Nottingham Forest with a 3-1 win over Chesterfield.

Forest were struggling at the wrong end of the table under Gary Megson, but remarkably moved to within five points of the play-offs with the victory at Saltergate.

Ian Breckin handed the visitors the lead (19), and highly rated striker Nathan Tyson made it two just before the half hour mark.

Although Chesterfield threatened to mount a comeback when Phil Picken netted (33), Forest secured all three points When John Thompson scored with three minutes to go.

Bristol City boss Gary Johnson masterminded a 2-1 victory over his former side Yeovil that left the visitors three points above the drop zone.

City stole in front through Bradley Orr (13) and Mark McCammon (21), whilst Arron Davies netted a consolation for Yeovil on 64 minutes.

Walsall missed the chance to move out of the relegation zone as they crashed to a 2-0 defeat to Blackpool, Gareth Williams (49) and Keith Southern (57) did the damage for the home side at Bloomfield Road.

Gillingham moved one step closer to safety as they recorded a 2-1 win over bottom side Milton Keynes Dons.

Danny Wilson's men had gone in front thanks to a Gary Smith penalty five minutes before half time, but strikes from Darren Byfield (59) and Tommy Black (61) condemned them to their 18 defeat of the campaign.

Scunthorpe are now just one point ahead of Gillingham after they crashed to a 4-2 defeat at Bradford.

Veteran striker Dean Windass claimed a hat-trick for The Bantams (7, 54 & 60), with Marc Bridge Wilkinson (56) helping Bradford to three goals in six minutes.

A penalty from fellow veteran Peter Beagrie (13) had drawn the visitors level before they even edged in front through Richard Hinds (29).

Click below for match summaries:
Blackpool 2-0 Walsall
Bournemouth 1-1 Southend
Bradford 4-2 Scunthorpe
Bristol City 2-1 Yeovil
Chesterfield 1-3 Nott'm Forest
Colchester 1-1 Brentford
Doncaster 3-1 Rotherham
Huddersfield 1-0 Barnsley
MK Dons 1-2 Gillingham