Mattis in confident mood
By Graeme Bailey. Last Updated: January 1, 1970 1:00am
Buy star Dwayne Mattis is confident his side can achieve success next term after signing a new deal.
The 23-year-old has agreed a two-year deal at Gigg Lane despite interest from other clubs."There was a bit of interest (from other clubs) but I told my agent I wanted to stay at Bury and it was just a question of sorting out the details with one of the directors at Bury," he said.
"The grass isn't always greener and I've witnessed what it's like to be at a higher level and not playing and that was a main point in my decision.
"The way that we finished the season off, I don't see any reason why we can't lo ok at least to the top half and if the gaffer brings the right players in, which I'm sure he will, there's a chance of the play-offs.
"We've got a lot of good young players and they will have benefited from playing so many games last season."
Mattis was one of five players who agreed terms last week.
They have now been joined by Tom Kennedy, Chris Porter and Colin Kazim-Richards.