Keith Haslam is pressing on with the sale of Mansfield Town despite being assaulted by a supporter.
The controversial Stags chairman was attacked by a fan following Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Rotherham.
The result leaves the club on the brink of relegation out of the Football League, and a frustrated spectator was able to force his way into the Field Mill boardroom in order to confront the owner.
Haslam required hospital treatment in the aftermath of the incident, but insists that the event will not influence any potential takeover talks.
He remains adamant that he is keen to sell, but has already turned down three offers from former chairman James Derry, while one time owner of York John Batchelor has also had his interest in the club rebuffed.
"I want to sell and this has not changed that," he told the Chad.
"What I want for the club has always been the same, nothing has changed from that because of Saturday.
"I have got to think over the next few days what I want to do. I have always said I wanted to sell for some time now.
"I am not excluding anyone from talking about buying the club, but at the moment it is a question of who is out there.
"As before people have got to be able to show what they can do. I know this has been a long saga, but so far people have not been able to fulfil their commitments."
A 45-year-old man has been arrested in the wake of the weekend attack, and Haslam admits that he has been shaken by the incident.
"I am fine. I am shaken, yes, but I am not too bad," he said.
"Obviously I cannot talk about the incident, but this will have consequences."