FA Cup round-up N-T

Robins soar into next round; Magpies flying high

Carl Fletcher: The player-manager for Plymouth nearly suffered a first round exit against Stourbridge

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

The Glassboys proved they had the cutting edge as Southern League Premier Division Stourbridge forced an FA Cup first round replay with Plymouth.

Stourbridge thought they had downed the Pilgrims in the final minutes however had to settle for a draw in a six-goal thriller.

Rock-bottom Argyle went ahead through Warren Feeney before Aaron Drake levelled. Ryan Rowe put the visitors ahead in the 53rd minute which was later cancelled out by player-manager Carl Fletcher. Sean Gebbis made no mistake from the spot before Onismor Bhasera netted with two minutes to go.

Paolo Di Canio's Swindon had more bite in their play against Huddersfield as they thumped the Terriers 4-1.

Lee Novak struck first for the hosts before a Town equaliser through Aden Flint which seemed to open the floodgates as Raffaele De Vita netted against Lee Clark's League One high-flyers and Mehdi Kerrouche and Simon Ferry completed the rout.

Star striker Ched Evans bagged a brace in a dominant display by Sheffield United over Oxford United. Us boss Chris Wilder faced his former club but it was the home side boss Danny Wilson who came away with the victory thanks to a dynamic double from the Welshman and a Ryan Flynn third.


Martin Allen's Magpies flew into the next round as Notts County demolished 10-man Accrington Stanley. Karl Hawley netted twice in the third versus fourth tier clash at Meadow Lane, Alan Judge made it 3-0 before Stanley's Andrew Proctor received his marching orders. Luke Joyce pulled one back despite the numerical disadvantage before Hawley's second.

It will be a game on-loan goalkeeper Ross Atkins will want to forget after saving a penalty against Oldham but then spilling a speculative effort into the Burton net. The Derby County shot-stopper saved Shefki Kuqi's second penalty before his error from a Robbie Simpson 35-yard free-kick. Dean Furman made it three for Paul Dickov's side before Calvin Zola's consolation.

Blue Square Bet South side Salisbury stole the win against Southern Premier outfit Arlesey Town. Dan Fitchett opened the scoring for the home side before Dean Sinclair's equaliser was cancelled out by a Jake Reid penalty. Adam Kelly finished the tie off for the hosts.

Newport County failed to cause a cup upset as the Welsh outfit were defeated 1-0 by Shrewsbury. Terry Gornell headed home from close range to send the Shrews through into the next round as the Exiles crashed out of the competition at the first hurdle.

Cheltenham continued their rich vein of form after overcoming Tranmere Rovers on their travels thanks to a solitary goal. Darryl Duffy's penalty was enough to separate the two sides after Lucas Akins was pulled up for a poor challenge on Sido Jombati.


Sutton's Craig Watkins struck against the Poppies during the weekend of Remembrance. Having won the tightly-contested encounter against Kettering, the Us now find themselves in the hat for the next round.

Charlie Taylor grabbed a last-minute winner for Barnet as they progressed to the second round at the expense of Southport.

There will be more replays to be scheduled following goalless draws between Port Vale and Grimsby Town, Preston and Southend with North End guilty of a missed penalty by Barry Nicholson, and Isthmian Division One North's Redbridge and Oxford City of the Southern Premier.