League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Milton Keynes Dons closed the gap on League Two leaders Walsall, while Macclesfield Town beat Torquay United in the battle of the bottom two.

Walsall will head into 2007 with just a two-point lead over MK Dons after being held to a 2-2 draw at home by Bristol Rovers.

Hector Sam put Walsall ahead a minute after half-time, but Steve Elliott equalised on 65 minutes.

Scott Dann's 88th minute goal appeared to earn Walsall all the points, only for Elliott to level again in the last minute.

A three-goal blitz in the second half enabled MK Dons to record a 3-0 success at Chester City.

Clive Platt (60), Izale McLeod (65) and Jon-Paul McGovern (76) scored for the visitors before Chester's Paul Linwood was sent off two minutes from time.

Lincoln City are just a further point away in third after Jeff Hughes' 72nd minute goal saw off Wycombe Wanderers at home.

At the bottom end of the table, Macclesfield's rise from the ashes continues after David Morley's last minute goal earned a priceless 1-0 win at bottom club Torquay.

Fellow strugglers Rochdale also chalked up an important victory, thrashing Boston United 4-0 at Spotland.

Gary Jones made the breakthrough a minute before the interval, while Chris Dagnall, William Mocquet and Glenn Murray scored in the second half.

Hartlepool United made it eight wins in a row as Darryl Duffy pounced in the last minute to beat Peterborough United 1-0 at home.

Swindon Town had to come from behind to claim a 1-1 draw at home to Notts County. Michael Timlin equalised on 77 minutes after Lawrie Dudfield had scored on 35.

Hereford United ended a memorable 2006 on a positive note with a 2-0 home win over Wrexham, with Alan Connell netting in each half.

David Edwards scored an 87th minute winner as Shrewsbury Town edged to a 2-1 win at out-of-form Darlington.

Michael Symes had put Shrewsbury in front at the end of the first half, only for Julian Joachim to level three minutes after the restart.

A frantic opening 20 minutes resulted in Barnet posting a 2-1 home win over Bury, who had gone in front on three minutes through Richie Baker's penalty.

Nick Bailey levelled on seven minutes and Adam Birchall scored the decisive goal on 18 minutes. Barnet had Dean Sinclair dismissed six minutes from time.

Grimsby Town shot themselves in the foot in losing 3-0 at Stockport County, with goalkeeper Phil Barnes scoring an own goal on eight minutes.

Nick Fenton was sent off for Grimsby on 25 minutes before Liam Dickinson and Michael Malcolm scored for Stockport.

Accrington Stanley's home game with Mansfield Town was abandoned at half-time with the score at 1-1 due to a waterlogged pitch.

Andy Todd put the home side in front from the penalty spot on nine minutes, but Michael Boulding equalised at the end of the half, only for the game to then be called off.

Click below for an individual match summary:
Accrington A-A Mansfield
Barnet 2-1 Bury
Chester 0-3 Milton Keynes Dons
Darlington 1-2 Shrewsbury
Hartlepool 1-0 Peterborough
Hereford 2-0 Wrexham
Lincoln City 1-0 Wycombe
Rochdale 4-0 Boston United
Stockport 3-0 Grimsby
Swindon 1-1 Notts County
Torquay 0-1 Macclesfield
Walsall 2-2 Bristol Rovers