League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

A header five minutes from time by Hector Sam saw League Two leaders Walsall come from behind to beat Bury 2-1.

Paul Scott gave the hosts the lead, but Ian Roper levelled before Hector Sam struck to maintain The Saddlers' promotion push, much to the delight of boss Richard Money.

"It was a good display on a difficult pitch and I thought we thoroughly deserved to win. We hit the woodwork twice and their keeper made a couple of great saves but at 1-0 we were always in the game," Money said.

SwindonTown lost ground at the top as they went down 2-0 at Mansfield Town. Richie Barker gave the home side a third-minute lead, with Simon Brown doubling the advantage.

Paul Ince's Macclesfield Town got their first win of the season, Matty McNeil's second-half goal giving them a welcome victory over Rochdale, despite The Silkmen having Alan Navarro sent off for violent conduct.

Jermaine Easter (pictured) netted after just three minutes to give Wycombe Wanderers a 1-0 victory over in-form Darlington, while Grimsby Towm were also winners by a single goal at Barnet - thanks to a strike from Martin Paterson at Underhill.

Chester City's Gregg Blundell struck twice in the second half, including a penalty, to set up a 3-1 win over Boston United. Jonathan Walters (72) was also on target for the hosts before Dany N'Guessan netted a consolation two minutes from time.

Lincoln City kept up their bid for an automatic promotion place with a narrow win over Bristol Rovers. Evergreen striker Jamie Forrester struck the vital penalty early in the second period against his old club.

Hereford United and Peterborough United battled to a goalless draw, while Andy Monkhouse's eighth-minute strike was enough to give Hartlepool United a hard-fought three points from their visit to Notts County.

Elsewhere, Torquay United's Jason Robertson earned his side a precious point at home to Wrexham after Kevin Smith had given the visitors the lead at Plainmoor, while Milton Keynes Dons ran out 2-0 winners over nine-man Stockport County.

Izale McLeod scored a brace for the home side, as The Hatters had both Ashley Williams and Rob Clare sent off at The National Hockey Stadium.

Click below for match summaries:
Barnet 0-1 Grimsby Town
Bury 1-2 Walsall
Chester 3-1 Boston United
Hereford United 0-0 Peterborough United
Lincoln City 1-0 Bristol Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons 2-0 Stockport County
Macclesfield Town 1-0 Rochdale
Mansfield Town 2-0 Swindon Town
Notts County 0-1 Hartlepool United
Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham
Wycombe Wanderers 1-0 Darlington