League Two Round-Up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Walsall moved to the top of League One after several of the division's high-flyers took points off each other.

Wycombe began Saturday in pole position, but they slipped to a surprise defeat to Lincoln at Adams Park.

The Chairboys, who have won their last eight games in all competitions, started brightly against The Imps and opened the scoring through Tommy Mooney (pictured) after just nine minutes.

However, Lee Frecklington levelled for Lincoln on the stroke of half time, and a Mark Stallard brace (64 and 73) secured a 3-1 victory.

Notts County, fresh from beating Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup in midweek, held second-placed Swindon to a 1-1 draw, with Alan White (67) levelling for County after Fola Onijube (47) had fired The Robins in front.

Walsall took advantage by beating Bristol Rovers 2-1 at The Memorial Stadium.

Scott Dann (8) and Daniel Fox (28) found the target for Richard Money's side, before Andy Sandell pulled a goal back for The Pirates in stoppage time.

Milton Keynes Dons crashed to their first home defeat of the campaign, as Chester registered their first victory for eight games.

The Dons scored first through Clive Platt (35), only for second half strikes from Ashley Westwood (57) and Jonathan Walters (88) to seal a 2-1 success for Chester.

At the bottom, Macclesfield remain without a win following a thrilling 3-3 draw with Torquay at The Moss Rose Ground.

In a topsy-turvy game, David Morley (43), Martin Bullock (48) and Danny Swailes (90) scored for the hosts, while Lee Mansell (33), Lee Thorpe (67) and Jamie Ward (85) netted for Torquay.

Rochdale claimed their first away win of the season in emphatic fashion against Boston United, with a Chris Dagnall brace (7 and 33) and a late John Doolan finish (90) wrapping up a 3-0 win for Steve Parkin's side.

A late Ian Hendon penalty for Barnet pegged struggling Bury back to a 2-2 draw at Gigg Lane.

The Shakers twice took the lead through Glynn Hurst (15 and 74), but Tresor Kandol (21) and then Hendon (81) salvaged a point Barnet.

Mansfield and Accrington, two sides who came close to upsetting Premiership opponents in the Carling Cup, also played out a 2-2 at Field Mill.

Paul Mullin (16) struck first for Stanley, and later proved to be their saviour (85) after Matthew Hamshaw (58) and Michael Boulding (81) had turned the game in Mansfield's favour.

The third 2-2 of the day came at Shrewsbury, where the home side twice came from behind to rescue a point against Darlington.

Gaetano Giallanza (29) and Neil Wainwright (67) got their names on the scoresheet for The Quakers, while Michael Symes (64) and Ben Davies (85) netted for Shrewsbury.

Hartlepool appeared to be coasting to victory in a dramatic game at Peterborough, when two goals apiece from Gary Liddle (30 and 53) and John Daly (32 and 45) opened up a 4-0 cushion for the visitors.

However, Richard Butcher (59), Peter Gain (61) and Dean Holden (70) brought Posh to the brink of an outrageous comeback, before Matt Robson (84) won it 5-3 for Hartlepool.

Elsewhere, a Keith Briggs goal after 37 minutes was enough for Stockport to beat Grimsby at Blundell Park.

Click below for individual match summaries:

Boston United 0-3 Rochdale
Bristol Rovers 1-2 Walsall
Bury 2-2 Barnet
Grimsby 0-1 Stockport
MK Dons 1-2 Hartlepool
Macclesfield 3-3 Torquay
Mansfield 2-2 Accrington
Notts County 1-1 Swindon
Peterborough 3-5 Hartlepool
Shrewsbury 2-2 Darlington
Wycombe 1-3 Lincoln City