League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Swindon slipped to a 2-1 defeat against Wrexham, but several of the division's high-flyers failed to take advantage on another dramatic afternoon in League Two.

The Robins looked to be heading towards their seventh successive victory when Paul Evans fired them in front after 28 minutes, but The Red Dragons hit back in the second half to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

A Ryan Valentine penalty (68) and Mark Jones' (pictured) strike (69) turned the game on its head in an instant, and not even Paul Ince's introduction could to rescue the situation for Swindon.

Milton Keynes Dons could have joined Dennis Wise' side at the top with victory over Hartlepool, but they were held to a goalless draw at The National Hockey Stadium.

Walsall also missed the opportunity to make up ground on Swindon, as they crashed to a surprise 2-1 loss at Grimsby.

Martin Butler got The Saddlers off to a flying start (9), only for Paul Bolland (38) and Peter Bore (73) to nick the points for Grimsby.

Lincoln's good early form did continue however, as Lee Frecklington (29) scored the only goal of a tight game against Shrewsbury.

Wycombe also recorded a 1-0 victory, against Chester, despite having Anthony Grant sent off for two bookable offences after just 26 minutes. Kevin Betsy (28) grabbed the winner for Wanderers.

At the bottom, Macclesfield and Rochdale remain without victories this season after contrasting games against Barnet and Bristol Rovers.

Macclesfield's clash with Barnet was action-packed, with goals from Ian Hendon (60), Barry Cogan (64) and Nick Bailey (74) ensuring a 3-2 win for The Bees. Matty McNeil (52) and Matthew Tipton (67) found the target for The Silkmen.

Rochdale played out a 0-0 draw with Bristol Rovers at The Memorial Stadium.

Boston beat fellow strugglers Stockport 2-1 at The Staffsmart Stadium. Tim Ryan's penalty (25) and Anthony Elding's finish (38) sandwiched Jason Taylor's 28th minute goal for The Hatters.

Darlington had only picked up one point in their four previous games prior to kick-off, but they returned to winning ways in style with a resounding 3-1 win at Peterborough.

In-form strikers Barry Conlon (3 - penalty) and Julian Joachim (21 and 24) set The Quakers on their way, before Danny Crow netted a late consolation for Peterborough (81)

Mansfield thrashed Hereford 4-1 at Field Mill. After being gifted the lead by Tamika Mkandawire's own goal (20), Richie Barker doubled their advantage before half time (38) and Danny Reet added another shortly after (49). Alan Connell pulled one back for The Bulls (68), but a Barker penalty (72) sealed a convincing win for the home side.

Notts County coasted to a 3-2 success against Accrington. Michael Edwards (11) and a Daniel Martin brace (29 and 36) gave County a cushion, before stoppage time goals from Gary Roberts and Paul Mullin gave the scoreline a less flattering reflection of their dominance.

In the day's final game, Torquay edged past Bury 1-0 courtesy of Micky Evans' goal on 33 minutes.

Click below for individual match summaries:

Boston 2-1 Stockport
Bristol Rovers 0-0 Rochdale
Bury 0-1 Torquay
Grimsby 2-1 Walsall
MK Dons 0-0 Hartlepool
Macclesfield 2-3 Barnet
Mansfield 4-1 Hereford
Notts County 3-2 Accrington
Peterborough 1-3 Darlington
Shrewsbury 0-1 Lincoln
Wrexham 2-1 Swindon
Wycombe 1-0 Chester