Steve Curwood criticised the decision to call off Fleetwood's game at Wycombe just 20 minutes before kick-off on Sunday.
The Cod Army chief executive also insists that his club were left in the dark until arriving at Adams Park.
The Chairboys' stadium is equipped with under-soil heating but the groundstaff had not been expecting the layer of overnight frost that greeted them on Sunday morning, which immediately cast the game into doubt.
However, after pitch inspections at 1.30pm and 1.45pm, the game still looked likely to go ahead with both sides warming up out on the turf.
But around 20 minutes before the planned 3.00pm kick-off, referee Andy Davies deemed the surface unplayable and called off the contest.
While Curwood insisted Davies' decision was ultimately correct, he was angry Wycombe made no attempt to advise them on the state of affairs.
"The concerning element was that nobody made Fleetwood Town nor the referee aware at any stage that the game would be in doubt when it was obviously in doubt from the word go in the morning," he told the club's official website.
"Nobody informed our football club until we arrived at the ground. We will be asking questions as to why that was the case and why our supporters have had to travel so far down the motorway while the team has arrived here and the game's had to be called off 20 minutes before kick-off.
"They have under-soil heating which is perfect for getting games on but this was not used overnight, they claimed because an overnight frost wasn't forecast, but to not get any information concerning this until after dinner time is slightly bewildering.
"We'll find out a little bit more as to why that was the case in the next day or so but I suspect that no-one has even checked the pitch until almost dinner time as we would have been informed far sooner.
"The under-soil heating was then put on, at what time I don't know , but under-soil heating for me is to prevent frost not cure it in a couple of hours. Once the pitch was frozen this game should have been called off at 9.00am, or earlier , to stop all the unnecessary upheaval for our fans, and even Wycombe supporters, whose afternoon was also wasted."
Cod Army boss Graham Alexander had no complaints with Davies' call.
Speaking to the club's official website at the time, he said: "I think it's the right decision; the pitch is very hard in most places, there's some parts that are really dangerous and I don't think it would have got any better.
"It's really unfortunate because we travelled overnight and the supporters are down here already but sometimes there's nothing you can do.
"They had the under-soil heating on from seven o'clock Sunday morning but that just prevents frost, it doesn't defrost it. They had seen a slight improvement from earlier on but I don't think from the time between now and kick-off it would have got any better. I think everyone's done their best but it would have been a lottery and dangerous for the players and that's the paramount thing in anyone's mind."
A rearranged date has yet to be confirmed for the clash but, via Twitter, Wycombe confirmed all original tickets would be valid and a full refund would be issued if supporters were unable to attend the new fixture.