A tribunal have ordered Milton Keynes Dons to pay League Two rivals Swindon Town £175,000 for defender Sean O'Hanlon.
The former Everton man made the switch to the Buckinghamshire club earlier in the month after the 23-year-old rejected the offer of a new deal with The Robins.
Despite being out of contract, The Robins were entitled to compensation for O'Hanlon, as he is currently under 24 years of age.
With both clubs failing to reach an agreement on a fee for the player, a Football League tribunal decided on Tuesday how much the Wiltshire club will receive for the defender.
Swindon will receive an initial fee of £75,000 for O'Hanlon, with the club entitled to a further £100,000 based on appearances and possible promotion with MK Dons.
Robins chief executive Mark Devlin expressed his disappointment at the way Swindon lost the services of O'Hanlon this summer.
"We remain very disappointed over the way that Sean left the club and the circumstances surrounding it, but we are grateful to the Football League committee for giving us a fair hearing," Devlin told the club's official website.
Meanwhile, MK Dons boss Martin Allen has yet to make a decision on former Brentford midfielder Junior Lewis.
The 32-year-old has been on trial with MK Dons after leaving The Bees at the end of last season.
Allen is hesitant to make a decision on his former charge until he has a better look at fellow midfielders Gareth Edds and Ben Harding.
"I haven't made a decision on Junior yet," Allen told the Milton Keynes Citizen.
"I still need to see Edds and Harding play - I have to respect the fact that those lads are under contract and I want to see them play.
"Edds and Harding both have a good work ethic in rehab and they're well mannered, well behaved types of people.
"Next we will have to see how well they can play football, and Junior will have to wait."