Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has confirmed that talks will take place with former Crewe striker Max Clayton, following a promising trial at the club.
Clayton, who departed Crewe at the end of last season after turning down a new contract, had previously been training with Sunderland but a switch to Wearside collapsed, reportedly due to negotiations over a £1million compensation fee.
The 19-year-old has since linked up with newly-promoted Championship side Wolves and appeared as a late substitute in their 1-1 pre-season friendly draw with Celta Vigo.
Clayton is said to have attracted interest from a host of clubs this summer and Jackett admitted to being impressed as he looks to keep him at Molineux.
"I’ll speak to him first and see where we are. Whether that’s a prolonged trial or another game, we’ll see," he told the Express and Star.
"Max has completed his week and Kevin Thelwell (head of development and recruitment) was here on Saturday as well to see him.
"We’ll talk about the situation with him - he had a decent week and looks a very good footballer and although he didn’t have much time out there, I don’t think he looked out of place.
"We’ll talk to him and his advisors – it’s certainly a situation where we need to sum up.
"I did think he didn’t look out of place and looking at the lad, he has a very good pedigree. As a Nantwich boy, the likes of our scouting people Stuart Webber and Kevin Thelwell know him very well."