Crewe chief Dario Gradi is remaining coy on rumours linking Cardiff with Nicky Maynard.
Reports over the weekend suggested that Crewe had turned down a bid from Cardiff for the highly-rated striker.
Maynard has enjoyed a fine season with Crewe scoring 19 goals so far this term and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of clubs.
Gradi expects offers for Maynard's strike partner Luke Varney, but he is hopeful of 20-year-old Maynard staying.
"I'm not getting involved in any speculation," said Gradi.
"I would think we might get enquiries for Varney but I'm not expecting Maynard to be going anywhere."
Meanwhile, Crewe have offered Darren Moss a new two-year deal at Gresty Road.
The former Shrewsbury defender says he expects to make a decision on his future later this week.
"I spoke to Dario on Friday and he said he was keen to keep me," Moss told the Sentinel. "I'll give him a 'yes' or 'no' this week, but I'd definitely like to stay.
"I don't think people have seen the best of me and I feel I need to give something back to the club. I prefer to play at right-back, but as long as I am playing I don't mind really where."