Morecambe have denied reports that the club will sign Southport winger Mark Duffy on Monday.
The League Two club are currently under a transfer embargo, but had been given permission to make one signing during the January window.
A deal had been agreed for Duffy to move to Christie Park only for the Shrimps to be unable to complete the paperwork in time to conclude the transfer.
Reports have suggested that the deal wil now go through in the coming days, but Morecambe vice-chairman Graham Hodgson says talks are ongoing regarding the transfer embargo.
"The embargo relates to all signings be they transfers or loan deals, so Mark will not be joining us on Monday," Hodgson told the club's official website.
"We are having talks and are looking at ways to get the embargo lifted, but those talks are ongoing at the moment."