League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Notts County moved top of League Two after a 2-0 triumph over Bristol Rovers at Meadow Lane.

Glynn Hurst (pictured) fired home as early as the first minute, before he doubled his tally just 11 minutes from time to seal the win.

Rovers finished the game with ten men after Aaron Lescott was dismissed late on.

County rose from fifth, after the four teams ahead of them all failed to win.

Barnet, who were top, suffered their first reversal of the season after Grimsby won 1-0 at Underhill.

The only goal came just a minute into the second period when Calvin Andrew struck, although Town had to finish the game with just ten when Paul Bolland was dismissed in the last minute.

A late leveller from Shrewsbury saw them earn a point against Wycombe at Gay Meadow.

Nathan Tyson (32) looked to have scored the but Colin McMenamin fired home with five minutes remaining.

Leyton Orient seemed destined to move back to the summit, but they let a lead slip in the final minute at Cheltenham.

John Mackie had put Orient ahead after 20 minutes, but John Finnigan rescued a point for The Robins in the last minute - which means they remain unbeaten so far this season.

Rochdale now find themselves in second after a 3-1 win over Macclesfield at Spotland.

Former Dale star Kevin Townson had marked his return with a goal for the visitors after 24 minutes, but Rochdale came back strong and secured victory thanks to efforts form Grant Holt (31 & 76) and Alan Goodall (33).

The game of the day was undoubtedly at The Deva Stadium where Chester fought back to share the spoils against Darlington in an eight-goal thriller.

Simon Johnson's early penalty (6) put Darlington ahead and Akpo Sodje doubled that on 34 minutes.

Marcus Richardson pulled one back just after the interval, but Sodje restored The Quakers' two-goal lead just moments after.

Gregg Blundell pulled another back just before the hour - but Sodje completed his hat-trick nine minutes from time and looked to have given his side the win.

However, Richardson and Blundell both struck in the final minute to secure an unlikely draw for Keith Curle's side.

Northampton registered their first win of the new campaign with a 1-0 win at Carlisle. Pedj Bojic scored the only goal at Brunton Park just before the interval.

Boston are still without a win this term after they were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Mansfield.

Goals from Danny Thomas (9) and Alan White (34) sandwiched an effort from Richie Barker (26 pen) to give Boston a half time lead.

Steve Evans's side could not hang on though, as Simon Brown levelled the scored with 20 minutes left. Bury were held to a 2-2 draw by Wrexham at Gigg Lane.

The Red Dragons were twice in-front as Lee McEvilly (11) and Robbie Foy (24) scored, but each time The Shakers struck back as Brian Barry-Murphy (13) and debutant Matthew Tipton (52) fired home.

Wrexham ended the game a man down as Dave Bayliss was dismissed late on.

Stockport are another side still looking for a win after they drew 1-1 at Oxford.

Leo Roget (21) pounced against his former employers to put Oxford ahead, but Rob Clare (35) secured a share of the spoils for The Hatters. Rushden and Lincoln shared the points at Nene Park with a 1-1 draw.

Dean Keates had put Lincoln ahead after 19 minutes, but Greg Pearson levelled (64) in the second half for the home side.

The final game of the day saw Peterborough and Torquay play out a goalless draw at London Road.

Click below for match summaries:
Barnet 0-1 Grimsby
Boston 2-2 Mansfield
Bury 2-2 Wrexham
Carlisle 0-1 Northampton
Cheltenham 1-1 Leyton Orient
Chester 4-4 Darlington
Notts County 2-0 Bristol Rovers
Oxford 1-1 Stockport
Peterborough 0-0 Torquay
Rochdale 3-1 Macclesfield
Rushden & Diamonds 1-1 Lincoln
Shrewsbury 1-1 Wycombe