League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Leyton Orient stayed top of League Two and continued their 100 percent start to the season with a 1-0 win away at Darlington.

Matt Lockwood netted the only goal of the game for the Londoners with a 41st minute penalty.

Darlington were second at the start of the day but were leapfrogged by newly-promoted Barnet who beat Carlisle - the other side promoted from the Conference - away from home.

Danny Livesey opened the scoring for the home team in the first half but last season's top scorer Giuliano Grazioli hit back soon after the break. Nicky Bailey extended the lead with half-an-hour remaining and Dean Sinclair put the game out of reach in the dying seconds.

A last-minute Nathan Tyson strike rescued a topsy-turvey derby at Oxford's Kassam Stadium. Chris Hackett opened the scoring for the home side and it stayed that way until former Reading striker Tyson equalised in the 70th minute. Dan Morgan looked to have won it for Oxford with two minutes remaining but Tyson levelled the scores with his second soon after.

Boston's Julian Joachim also netted a second-half double to deny Stockport their first win of the season. The former Coventry player put the home side 1-0 up five minutes after the interval but Tes Bramble evened proceedings four minutes later. Matt Hamshaw put the visitors ahead but Joachim denied Chris Turner's side with a last minute strike.

Ten-man Peterborough moved off the bottom of the table, scored their first goals and secured their first points of the season with a 3-2 win at Bristol Rovers.

Adam Newton put the visitors ahead after just five minutes and David Farrell doubled the lead before they had Dean Holden sent off. Richard Walker reduced the deficit just before the break and Steve Elliott levelled the scores on 59 minutes but Richard Logan snatched it with 17 minutes left on the clock.

There was good news for Jon Newby as Bury secured their first points of the season against struggling Shrewsbury Town. The former Liverpool player netted his first goal after a five month injury lay-off before Brian Barry-Murphy made sure of the points in the 90th minute.

Torquay continued to struggle on their return to League Two as they were over-run by Mansfield, who notched their first win of the season. First half goals from Adam Rundle and Gavin Peers, and a late Simon Brown strike sunk the South Coast side.

Notts County overturned a 20th-minute goal from Lincoln's Nat Brown and moved onto seven points thanks to Steve Scoffham and Julien Baudet.

Third-placed at the start of the day, Cheltenham were pegged back by ten-man Rochdale after Neil Briscoe saw red early on. Richard Lambert hit back in the second half after Damian Spencer had put the visitors 1-0 ahead on 37 minutes.

Nobody managed to break the stalemate as Northampton hosted Wrexham with the game ending goalless.

Click below for match summaries:
Boston 2-2 Stockport
Bristol Rovers 2-3 Peterborough
Bury 2-0 Shrewsbury
Carlisle 1-3 Barnet
Chester P-P Grimsby
Darlington 0-1 Leyton Orient
Macclesfield P-P Rushden
Mansfield 3-0 Torquay
Northampton 0-0 Wrexham
Notts County 2-1 Lincoln
Oxford 2-2 Wycombe
Rochdale 1-1 Cheltenham