Macc seek Sinclair substitute
Macclesfield boss Keith Alexander was disappointed to see Emile Sinclair return to Nottingham Forest.
By Chris Galea
Last Updated: 19/02/09 4:53pm
Macclesfield Town boss Keith Alexander was disappointed to see Nottingham Forest striker Emile Sinclair return to the City Ground, but was pleased to see him feature for the Championship side in their 2-1 defeat at Ipswich on Wednesday night.
The 21-year-old made six appearances for the Silkmen during a productive loan spell at Moss Rose, scoring once, before he was recalled by Billy Davies.
Keen to keep his attacking unit fully stocked, Alexander has now told skysports.com he would like to bring in a replacement for the pacey striker as soon as possible.
"I was disappointed to lose Emile early because he was doing very well for us, but they were kind enough to lend him to us and I noticed he went back straight into the squad there, playing 46 minutes or so last night," he said.
"We were sorry to lose him, but we are delighted for him that he has been given the chance to show what he can do there.
"He added a lot of pace to our attacking force and we will be looking to replace him as soon as we are given the opportunity to do so."
The former Lincoln City boss had previously targeted a central defender as his top priority and ran the rule over former Hereford defender Garry Breen on trial, but Alexander revealed he was unable to extend his stay at Moss Rose.
"He has moved on now because although I wanted to bring another centre-back in, I wasn't able do to so, as I've already got four on the books," he added.
"It was disappointing I couldn't add him to the squad though because he was a very good player.
"We've got Richard Walker back from suspension and both Shaun Brisley and Matty Flynn have done well, as they are still young lads, so at this moment in time we are doing okay."