Trophy Southern round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

League Two's Peterborough United and Shrewsbury Town pulled off the shocks off the round, as they knocked out Swansea City and Yeovil Town respectively.

Danny Crow helped Peterborough complete one of the biggest upsets, with a 1-0 victory at home to Swansea.

Crow's strike on three minutes proved enough in the end as the League Two outfit held on to take The Posh through to round three.

Not to be outdone, Shrewsbury pulled off a dramatic comeback to win 2-1 at home to Yeovil.

Anthony Barry (67) had put the League One visitors ahead before David Edwards (75) and Michael Symes (84) fired The Shrews through on an epic night at Gay Meadow.

Elsewhere, Nottingham Forest came back from a goal down at The City Ground, as they beat Brentford 2-1.

Jo-Osei Kuffour had put the visitors ahead on 39 minutes and they held their nerve until half time, but goals from Nicky Southall (47) and Grant Holt (pictured - 56) gave Forest the win in the all League One affair.

Cheltenham Town had Grant McCann (17, pen - 28) and JJ Melligan (20) to thank for their 3-2 win at home to Barnet. 

The League One outfit led 3-1 in the first half after Tresor Kandol opened the scoring for the visitors on six minutes. Kandol bagged a second to make things interesting with 24 minutes left to go, but Town held on to book their place in the next round of the competition.

Goals from Chris Hackett (20) and Ben May (45) saw Millwall through in their tough tie at The Den against League One Bournemouth.

Sammy Igoe (87) rounded off a good night for Bristol Rovers as they won their way past Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park.

The visitors went ahead through Jemal Easter's strike on the half hour mark, and despite their best efforts, Wanderers could find no reply, as they went out of the competition. 

Click below for an individual match summary:
Cheltenham 3-2 Barnet
Millwall 2-0 Bournemouth
Nottm Forest 2-1 Brentford
Peterborough 1-0 Swansea City
Shrewsbury 2-1 Yeovil
Wycombe 2-0 Bristol Rovers